Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ah I Love Spring...

Today was a lovely day to start off the month of April! I spent hours outside just enjoying the sun and the overall good weather. I combined a couple more of my locs today...I'm now down to 100. I think I'm going to leave it at that, mostly because I don't think I have anymore locs to adjoin to that hasn't been combined already, plus I feel more comfortable knowing that I don't have any more of those scraggly locs and instead have thicker juicier ones. I put my hair up in a pony (sorry no picture, but maybe I will shoot one later) just to see if the combined ones will work in a style, and they did! Now I feel more and more comfortable by this whole journey of combining all my locs. I want my hair thicker, but not so thick that I can't style it. Mind you I'm not really a hair style person, I can't see myself styling my hair ALL the time when it gets to that point, but it is nice to have that option. And today when I was going through my hair I realized that all of my combined ones that I married way back in November is solid, some of them turned out beautiful! To all those who are combining or thinking of combining, hang in there! I admit, it can be a pain in the ass to combine because in a way it is uncomfortable to adjust to a thicker loc, to adjust with a more double-strand twist look to that loc, and dealing with the fact that you had to combine in the first place for whatever reason. Bottom line though, I combine because I'm concerned about the health of my loc and my hair. In the long run, it is so worth it, and at the end of the day really, locs are beautiful and will turn out beautiful when they mature, regardless of the size. Speaking of the health of my hair, I'm still doing the "selective-retwisting" every 3 weeks where I don't retwist every single loc on my head because I feel that some just don't need it because the root has already loced and I want the base to grow out a little before I retwist again. I just don't want an overtwisted root, especially if there isn't much to actually retwist. Naturally I'm always going to retwist the front, and some at the middle, but in the back, I'm letting them be until they grow out some more. I'm quite impressed that my locs are finally making moves, they are locking much quicker in leaps and bounds now. Finally! And I can tell that the warm water and the constant misting/rinses I do has definitely helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment