Thursday, April 22, 2010

Month 15

I'm a day early for this 15 month update haha. I'm surprised at how time flies SO fast. I've never really been one to really do a month-by-month update on my locs but I felt like these last 2 months have really been quite exciting in regards to my hair. It is like my hair is transforming and progressing week by week. I have done A LOT of combining these last 2 months, coming from having 112 locs when I first started this blog to now a good 75 (probably less now because I combined some scraggly locs at the back). I truly believing that combining my locs was the best thing I could do for them. With less locs, I feel more confident about the process. I am LOVING the thickness. Things seem to be getting a tad bit easier. The combined ones are marrying beautifully and condensing so well. There are still so many rubberbands in my hair but they sure do make the combining process easier; they don't pop off during my washing and rinsing, and the ones that do fall off, they seem to fall off for a reason because the loc doesn't need it anymore. Since I've given up retwisting my hair so frequently, I have seen a difference. My hair is locking so much faster; I've come to realize that my hair doesn't need my help to lock up. All it needs is moisture and water and a bit of oil here and there. So overall I'm content with my locs and I'm happy with their progress. I can't wait to get more length and to actually style my hair. I know that's going to take time, so I'm not going to stress over that. The main thing I'm looking forward to at the moment is to see how my hair will look 3-6 months from now with the freeforming method. So far, here is what I'm noticing about the freeforming method:

1. My locs are SO soft!
2. The roots feel so wonderful! I feel so much new growth between my fingers and they are so strong and soft and fuzzy.
3. My locs seem to be locking and condensing at a faster rate. Because I'm constantly getting it drench in water, it seems to make the locs just plump up and get nice and thick and locking. Love it!
4. Most of all, my scalp looks and feels so much cleaner. When I used to wait to spritz or wash my hair, I'd notice some dandruff and dirt, but because I wanted to hold onto the retwist as long as I could, I just didn't do anything about it. Now it is nice to wet it whenever I want without worrying about something coming undone.

I will do more loc updates every other month (I don't want to bore you guys with a month by month update lol, or bore myself). Thanks to all of you that have been following my blog and inspiring me to keep on learning about locs (special shout out to B and Mrs. Honey Dip who seem to give me the most support!).

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for the shout out!!
    I'm glad you're enjoying the freeform method so far. I'm enjoying watching your journey!

    ReplyDelete