Monday, April 19, 2010

The Hair Wrapping Method



Last night I gave my hair a really nice hot olive oil treatment, and then a quick rinse, a thorough shampooing, and then a herb-infused apple cider vinegar rinse. Afterward I then did the hair wrapping method (finally!). It literally took like no more than half an hour to separate and wrap the loose hairs around each lock. I loved how it turned out. Naturally, you can't really tell that I just maintained them and this method doesn't particularly give it a "neat" appearance, but it does tame those stray hairs and prevents my locs from hugging together. I can really see myself just sticking to this method for awhile. I'm starting to realize more and more that just leaving my hair alone and not worrying about them has made my locs healthier and stronger than when I retwisted/palmrolled them every 2-3 weeks, or 6-8 weeks. Not sure if I would do this hair wrapping method every 3 weeks; I think I will do it just whenever I feel like it, perhaps when my hair gets too "wild"? Surprisingly, I don't think I need to even seperate my locs all that much. Just rinsing every other day and washing once a week seems to really do the trick for my locs. It seems like the combined ones are becoming more solid and meshed with each wash/rinse/spritz. Overall, I'm really enjoying my locs and just embracing the stages it is going through. I'm being patient with those locs that are wonky and have rubberbands on them; with most of them I forget that they are combined/have rubberbands on them in the first place. The less I care, the better lol. Some days I'm frustrated with them and seem to overanalyze my hair, but don't we all have doubts and worries about our locs? It really amazes me how locking does test your patience, especially when you are combining them. Thank god I have SO much patience! :)

2 comments:

  1. What? No pics?! Aww man, I wanted to see if they looked any different.
    I'm glad you have patience because mine has seemed to have disappeared somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I just took pics! Not much of a difference really. The first pic is how it looked the day after and the second is just me putting it in a ponytail later in the day.

    ReplyDelete