Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Day After Combining



So I decided to wash my hair this morning, my locs were gagging for it! lol. The newly combined ones stayed in place (yay!). The rubberbands of course help a lot, but I can't wait 'till I decide to take all of them out. Come to think of it, the only hurtle I'm going through at the moment with my locs are the ends; I want ALL of them to seal! 85% of them are there, but the rest of them still have some catching up to do. I keep telling myself that these locs are technically still "babies" and are no where near the "maturation" stage. I'm still being patient with them; I can tell that good things will come with consistently being patient with my locs and letting them be (for the most part). On another note, I always keep thinking to myself if I like my hair when it is more "wild" and not twisted. I like the look on me. Does anybody else like their "wild locs" look?

3 comments:

  1. Combining is a labor of love, isn't it? I'm trying to get used to the 2-stranded look of these combined locs of mine and I don't like them. I hope these locs hurry up and mesh together so I can get my solid loc look again.

    I like the wild locs look. But only when I want it. And since I have to be pretty professional at work every day, I can't have that look too often. I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes indeed B, it is a labor of love, and takes even more patience. I suppose since I started my locs with double strand twists, it doesn't bother me that they have that 2-stranded look. Give them time, they will mesh, but it will take a long time 'till they get solid and actually look like a single loc. I seem to mostly like the wild look for a couple of weeks until I have that itch to retwist. I'm planning for now to retwist every 3 weeks, but then in the 2 or 3 year mark I will retwist every 6 weeks instead.

    ReplyDelete