Monday, April 5, 2010

Never Say Never...




As I was going through my locs today, I noticed how varied in thickness my locs are. Some are nice and slim, while some are thick and juicy. I really like that. It gives my locs some character and variety, at least I think so. That wasn't what I was initially trying to go for when I started my locs in the first place, but it is really nice to see how much my hair has transformed and how my perspective on locking has changed. It seemed like yesterday I had like, maybe like over 150+ locks (i'm just estimating, because I did start off with A LOT of small and tiny locs in the beginning, they practically looked like braid-locs). Back then I really didn't care about the size of my locs really, I just went with the flow with them, but then the more I looked at pictures of locks, the more I wanted thicker locks, and now I have about 92 locks. Yes, I know that I said "i will probably stop combining at this point" but I guess you can never say never! I have 92 locks now, and I am really liking the results. I don't so much care about the 2-strand twist pattern, or that I have to use yet again more rubber bands in my hair, I just like to see that the loc is thicker, and I am liking what I am seeing overall. I can tell that a lot of them are married together already, which is a relief. I like the fact that not all my locs are the same size and shape. Heck, even the lengths are very different. The lower neck and front is longer, where as the back and middle is all over the place length-wise. I find that only slightly irritating, but I've come to realize that it is unrealistic to expect your hair to grow the same length from front to back. Is anybody else experiencing different lengths on their locs, and does it annoy you to have one section of your locs growing faster/longer than others? As long as I am not alone then I'm okay with that lol.

*The pics above were taken when I was bored, hehe, but naturally I took them also to show the progress of my hair as it is thickening and combining*

1 comment:

  1. I love how thick your locs are. I think I want my next set will be thick like that. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete