Thursday, April 22, 2010

Herbal Olive-Oil Infusions


I love infusing herbs with olive oil! In the past I have infused grapeseed and almond oil with herbs, but personally I think olive oil is really the best oil to use for infusions. At this time of year, I infuse a lot of herbs with my little jars of olive oil. Here are infusions I have tried so far:

Rosemary-Infused Oil (promotes hair growth)

Lavender-Infused Oil (smells really nice, mostly it is a cosmetic perfume-y oil)

Thyme-Infused Oil (promote scalp circulation)

Thyme/Rosemary Infused Oil

And now my latest infusion...Hibiscus Flower Infused Oil (i read that hibiscus oil helps thicken the hair)

Normally I leave these jars out in the sunlight, that's where the infusion really kicks in and it also makes the oil smell so wonderful. Now that I have a few essential oils I add a couple of drops into the herb-infused oil. Smells marvelous!

*The first bottle of oil in the picture is my Lavender Oil. The second bottle is the hibiscus oil*

4 comments:

  1. I looove infusing oils!
    I use the same method and right now I have 2 batches for my oil cleansing methods : olive, castor,watermelon and papaya oils infused with lavender, chamomile and calendula
    you've inspired me to do one with only olive oil
    loove your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom (the permie, lol!) has been doing this for years and I can't believe I've never done it. I'm in the process of moving but when I get settled...I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    This sounds amazing, I'm really, really, really interested in doing this. Could share , the process on the way that you make this, it would be greatly appreciated.

    I would like to make some now, however I not clear on exactly what to do ( smiles)

    Take care, and thanks for sharing this , its awesome!

    Thanks, zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks zainab1, i will post how to make this sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete