Thursday, April 8, 2010

Natural Hair Dyes

Sometimes I wonder if natural hair dyes work. I have heard of henna, but I can't see myself going all out of my way in putting it in my hair (I hear it is messy and tedious). What I am interested in though is using natural hair rinses that can help color your hair temporarily. Here are some recipes I have found on the net so far:

-4 lemons
-1 cup of water

Use the mixture as a rinse, then let your hair air dry in the sun. Afterwards deep condition so it won't dry your hair.

-hibiscus leaves
-chamomille tea

I don't remember the measurements to this, but I could imagine that with a couple of tries it can make your hair a reddish/purplish color.

This one is interesting:

1/2 cup beet juice
1/2 cup carrot juice

Mix ingredients together, pour over clean, damp hair. Wrap head in plastic and apply hot towel, medium dryer heat, or sit in the sun for one hour. Shampoo.


I'm not sure how serious I am at trying these recipes out, especially since there doesn't seem to be evidence that it actually works. Has anybody tried these recipes/would like to? If you have, send me a photo! :)

3 comments:

  1. I could see how the first one would work but I'm interested to know how the other two work. Try it and see. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! hehe. I just hope it won't do anything funky. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will probably test these recipes out sometime during the summer when I'm bored lol. I'm interested in seeing how they will turn out.

    ReplyDelete