Sunday, March 21, 2010

Freshly Re-Twisted




I think this was the fastest and most successful retwisting session I've done. I'm noticing length creeping down my neck...and it's weird! I feel like there's a bug climbing up my neck but it is my hair! lol. My hair is by no means "long" but I'm just starting to get used to the idea that my hair is getting longer and will only get longer with time. I remember back in the day only 2 years ago that my hair was soo short (i will probably post a pic eventually). It's hard to believe that not too long ago I was sporting the "boy cut"...I actually liked looking like a boy, I felt more spunky and stood out more amongst everyone else hehe, and now it is at a length where i can actually feel it creep on the back of my neck. That's another thing I like about maintaining/retwisting my hair, which is why i would probably never freeform, I feel so fresh and new, as if I just gave myself a makeover. As much as I don't mind having my hair wild, I also love how it looks when it is maintained and palmrolled. I'm wondering, how long do some of you go without re-twisting, and do you notice a difference between having it "wild" versus having it freshly retwisted? What do you like more or prefer the most?

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you are on a roll today! Three posts in one day!! I love your hair and how thick they locks are. Just beautiful!!

    Anyway, I usually retwist every 8-12 weeks. It just depends on if I feel like doing it. I actually hate twisting my hair but when I do, it's like you said: like a makeover. A fresh new feeling! But now that I've done the braid out and the pipe cleaners curls, I could probably go longer between retwists with those styles. It usually takes about 2-2.5 hhrs to do. Maybe if I did it more often like you, I could get my time down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I did have three posts today! Haha! Thank you so much for following my blog so far, i really really appreciate it! I really liked your braid out, I can't wait to do that style one day! I recall that you said that you've been 7 years locked? Because you have been locked for a long time and your hair has gotten longer, do you feel a lesser need to retwist as often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think as it's gotten longer, I haven't felt the need to retwist as often. I don't know if I just got lazy or what. For the first 2 yrs, I maintained my hair myself and I twisted every 2-3 weeks. In my 3rd yr, I got lazy and went to a shop to get them done like every 6 weeks. Then money got tight and I started maintaining myself again, so now it's like every 2-3 months. It just depends on how long I can stand the fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see myself twisting less often in my 3rd and 4th yr, I actually like the fuzzies, it just feels so soft hehe, but it's hard to say now because i'm enjoying twisting it more frequently, it's encouraging the new growth of my locs to actually stay put and loc...i've always been frustrated by that but now that i'm retwisting more often I'm more relaxed. Have you gone through that annoying phase where the new growth isn't locking as fast as you'd like? Maybe it's just impatience on my part but it took like 6 months for this new growth to finally loc lol.

    ReplyDelete