Monday, March 15, 2010

Almost at the 14 month mark!


Woah...time flies. I'm almost at the 14 month mark, not much has changed really although I have been noticing that my hair is starting to condense more. Re-twisting once every 3 weeks instead of once every 2 months has really helped; the new growth is locking faster, and the parts are a bit neater. Maintaining it has been less of an annoyance; I no longer feel like I have an afro on my head with a bunch of locs hanging from it (that's the main reason why i don't want to freeform, it's just going to look like i have one giant afro on my head with locs hanging from it. Sorry, I just don't like that look!). I'm not big on neatness, but it is nice to see that the ones at the front are locking too. Also, I haven't been touching my hair that much! I think i'm slowly getting over the hand-in-loc disease, although I can't help it at times, I'm just in awe at how my locs are finally making moves! In some ways I feel like now I'm a bit more patient with my hair, and I'm starting to appreciate my locs more. They are getting thicker and fuller, and now more manageable and neater in appearance. I think I mentioned before that once they are shoulder length I will get back to re-twisting once every 2 months, but who knows....I really like this routine I have going.

No comments:

Post a Comment