Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tam Hats!


It's funny, I'm really not much of a hat person, but I find that tam hats are just SO comfortable, stylish, and fun! I like how it fits snuggly around my head instead of all tight and constricting the blood flow to my brain lol. I'm also noticing that it is kind of popular around this time of year, though it is commonly worn by "rastas" it doesn't seem to matter if you have dreads or not, the tam/berret/whatever you want to call it looks good on just about anybody. Anyways, I bought my first tam at Hot Topic (of all places) which cost $6 (it was originally $14, so it was a pretty good deal!). I admit, i'm not a fan of the color of this hat, but being that it was cheap, I had to get it. It feels so comfortable, it gives my hair that rest and protection from the chilly wind, snow, and of course those pesky lint balls, and most of all, I can wear it all day, any time of year, and it's just sweet and breezy. I'm also planning to make my own tam hats thanks to Pinky2D4 (one of my favorite loc'ed youtube personalities). Figure I might get back to crocheting again, I used to be so good at it years ago as a kid and then stopped, but I can't wait to hone my skills again by attempting to make this hat! I can't wait! Here's the tutorial I'm going to follow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkhu6mX_x7w

No comments:

Post a Comment