Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Countdown!



I just made a record: it took me exactly an hour and a half to retwist my locs! Wow...maybe this was done quicker because of my selective retwisting? I retwisted most of my locs, I left hm, maybe a good 15 locs as is. Speaking of numbers, I finally counted how many locs I have. I have exactly 112. I was expecting more than that, but I was delightfully surprised that it was less than expected. I was very close to almost combining two of my locs, but I said, nah, my combining days are OVER. I admit, one or two of my locs are a bit scraggly, but I don't really care, at least my locs in general has the thickness that I want, that's all that matters. I'm starting to understand that truthfully no locking journey is 100% perfect, and not every single loc is going to stand on its own, and I'm okay with that. Sometimes I do think, hm, in 10 years I should start over a new set. Who knows, maybe I will. But on the other hand, even if I started all over with thick double strand twists from the start, would it really make a difference? Would the journey be any more or less easier/difficult? I honestly don't think it matters, or would change a bit. I love my locs, and if I ever do start over (which is a huge possibility, but it will be 10 years down the line), I'm not going to assume that it will be "easier" because the twists will be thicker the second time around. Overall, I think this set is going pretty well, and I'm even prouder because I'm maintaining them myself and making my own products to maintain them. I've never been this in love or passionate about my hair ever in my life until now. I know for certain that I'm going to be locked for life, be it with this set or more sets in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am JUST now reading your blog. Don't judge me. LOL! Anywhoovers...twisting in 1.5 hours is amaziiiiing. I've gotten down to 2 hours and I thought I was doin' it big. HA! Lately I've been having regrets about 'how I should have started my locs'. I'm really trying to accept my babies for what they are. I'll be combining for a few more months before I'm completely satisfied. And is it crazy to love my locs despite that but STILL look forward to the future set? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog B i'm honored hehe, your locs are amazing girl! I know how you feel though I think now i'm finally accepting them for what they are, it's not that I ever hated my locs but I've always battled this whole "i want thicker locs" thing. I'm glad they are thicker but I wish I didn't have to do all that combining to reach that state lol. Oh well. Do you think you will ever start a future set? I'm thinking 10 years for me (I will be 30 then lol) I MIGHT start over but if I truly feel comfortable and still in love with my locs they will stay.

    ReplyDelete