Monday, March 8, 2010

Biotin

This isn't talked about often in the locing community, but I find that taking vitamins has really helped my hair to become really healthy. Other than Centrium, I've been taking Biotin. I've been here a lot of good things about it. Many swear that it makes their hair and nails grow. So far, it has definitely made my nails grow like crazy. I can't stand having long nails (it makes me nervous), so I've been trimming them a lot lately. I've been taking Biotin for about 2 months or so, and so far I'm liking it. I'm not sure if it is really doing a whole lot for the hair on my head, but I know that it takes awhile for it to really kick into your system. I haven't dealt with any side effects of it, which mainly are little things like headaches and/or acne. I've been drinking a lot of water and using witch hazel for my skin, which I'm sure is combating this side effect from happening. The only thing I've been noticing from taking biotin so far is that my hair has felt a bit thicker (the new growth I mean) so i guess it is doing something. If I see any changes, I will definitely update on here. Overall I think it is good to take some vitamins and minerals, not just for your hair, but for your overall health. The next thing I want to try for my hair is Essential Oils, I just really want some extra oomph in my hair care regime, plus I want to make my hair smell a bit prettier esp. since spring time is coming around hehe. I just ordered some rosemary essential oil from Amazon; I should get it sometime this week. I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment