Monday, August 16, 2010

Bye Bye Summer!

Am I the only one who thinks this summer has gone by way too fast? It seems like just yesterday it was getting started haha.

For a lot of us, summer is really where our hair really begins to flourish. Some people's hair grows faster in the summer (mine included) and a lot of us wet/rinse/wash our hair more often in the summer than we do on any other season of the year.

What does the end of summer mean for you and your hair?

What I'm going to miss about summer, besides going on vacation and having so much free time on my hands, is being able to wash my locs every 2-3 days and rinsing it daily. More than likely I won't be doing that during the fall or winter, just because it is far too cold and windy. It is just really uncomfortable to walk around with a wet head and having wind, cold, and snow making it feel just bleck and uncomfortable. Also, with my busy grad school schedule I just won't have the time to jump into a shower and wash/rinse on a daily/every other day basis.

I'm also going to miss having my locs hangin' loose and free. During the fall and winter, I practically cover my head in a tam every day, esp. out in public, to protect it from the wind, cold, and snow.

In general, I'm just going to miss the summer lol (who isn't?).

6 comments:

  1. As hot as it is in the sunshine state I don't think summer will every really go away for me. Lol! The winter time is a time I look forward to wearing my locks out without putting them in a pony tail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a teacher, the end of summer means it's time for me to go back to work. I've gotten so used to cruising the blogs and twitter and I hate that I won't have as much time to spend online.

    For my hair, it means getting the reactions from students, parents, and co-workers. Since I did the BC during the summer, this will be a big change for some.

    II'm looking forward to more growth, but with growth at this stage comes the challenge of keeping it presentable and professional. But, I'm excited and looking forward to starting my locs this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for cooler weather! My hair is extremely thick so I'm hot and sweaty at all times (even when it's up in a ponytail)! I'll be welcoming Fall with open arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. End of summer means no more washing in the morning and no more experimenting. With working full-time and school full-time I'll no longer have the time to try new styles; back to headbands and ponytails lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. End of summer? What is that? We've got 4 seasons in Florida; hot, hotter, hot as hell and deathly hot. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ rmcandlelight & B- I got back from vacationing in Florida two weeks ago, and boy, it was HOT, even at 4 am! But I love that heat, reminded me of Texas! Unfortunately, the New York/Jersey area gets a mix of hot, humid, cool, and cold, not consistent at all lol.

    @iRock- Yeah, I'm sad that for a lot of us that will mean not having the time to make posts on our blogs. Good luck with the school year!

    @ Deshon- I love the fall, the winter, not so much. The fall is nice because it is in-between, not too hot, not too cold, mostly very pretty.

    @ Nappy- I feel ya girl! Def. gonna miss washing my hair every 2-3 days in the week lol. For me, back to wearing the tam hats!

    ReplyDelete