Thursday, July 8, 2010

Product Review: Suave Rosemary Mint Shampoo


As you all know, I don't normally like to buy hair products because I'm very much a DIY-make-my-own-hair-products kind of girl, but once in awhile, I will purchase Suave shampoos because 1) they are SO cheap, and 2) they do a pretty decent job at keeping my locs clean without leaving build up. Sure, some of the ingredients if not most of the ingredients in Suave shampoos have the unpronounceable, not-so-good stuff that shouldn't really be put in our hair, but since my hair care routine is generally all-natural, I can afford to use a product that may not be as natural as the rest of the stuff I use on my hair. I decided to purchase the Rosemary Mint Shampoo because of Miss Honey Dip mentioning it while featuring her adorable son on her blog (thanks Miss Honey!).

As I usually do when purchasing a hair product, I look at the list of ingredients. The ingredients weren't so bad. It didn't really have as much of all that bad stuff (alcohol, sulphates, and so on) that the other Suave shampoos carry. It does have some assortments of oils in it to give it that minty, rosemary aroma, and it even had a hint of aloe-something in the ingredients too. I really liked the smell of this shampoo. It smelled more like mint than it did rosemary, but it did smell very nice and pleasant (that's another plus about the Suave shampoos, they do smell very lovely without being too overpowering). When I began to wash my hair with it, I loved how it lathered up very quickly. I didn't dilute the shampoo like I do with Dr. Bronner's, just because Suave shampoos aren't as strong and powerful as Dr. Bronner's. Even during the rinsing process, the smell of the mint and rosemary was nourishing and relaxing. It didn't leave my hair feeling too dry, no drier than Dr. Bronner's. Naturally I did an ACV rinse afterwards just to be sure there wasn't any buildup, and after that I slapped some of my oil blend all over my hair to seal in the moisture and to get rid of that dry-feeling from my locks. Overall, the shampoo left my hair feeling clean and soft. I really liked it. Just because I'm sort of a stickler on using just my homemade hair products, or all natural hair products in general, I don't plan on relying too much on Suave shampoos, but I definitely would use this particular shampoo once in awhile when I want a bit of a change from using my handy dandy Dr. Bronner's soap, or when I run out of it and need a back up. I'd recommend everyone to purchase a bottle of the Suave Rosemary Mint Shampoo, it's only $2.50 if not less than that when it is on sale.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!!
    I'm glad you liked it. I like how it left my son's hair feeling squeaky clean without any build up. And mine was a lot cheaper than yours. I got it for 79 cents at a local grocery store and I bought 3 bottles of it. I didn't plan on using it on my hair but I knew somebody in the house could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Mrs. Honey! I knew I could have gotten it cheaper, but I just really had the urge to try it. They also had other scents (i believe almond with something and aloe vera with something lol) but I though the mint and rosemary smelt better. I also liked that the shampoo was clear. I'm not gonna use it too often just because I'm not really a fan of using commercial hair products, but I must say it really is great :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ness,

    I just wanted to let you know that I like the new look and feel of your blog. It's more vibrant and lively.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the new look of the blog and the new profile pic! Simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks ladies! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna have to try this stuff out!! I've always been a Suave fan. You know I sit right in the middle of commercial and natural hair products. :) Totally loving the blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes B Suave is awesome, i think it's the only commercial shampoo i have ever used lol (i'm not gonna lie, i'm just really cheap!). Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Ness! The blog looks great! Congratulations on Loc'd Beauty of the Week on Road2Queendom! Really enjoyed reading your feature!

    I keep passing by this shampoo and the suave almond & shea butter one, and have been considering trying it. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete