Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some Maturity Going On?




Earlier today after rinsing my hair I decided to take random pics of my hair (we all have that mood sometimes, even if we don't actually save the pics lol). I dunno if it's just me but I'm starting to notice my locs looking more mature. The two-strand twist pattern is slowly but surely starting to disappear! Not that I think my locks are totally 100% mature but I am starting to see the beginning of my locs maturing, does anybody else see it? Sorry that these pics are horrible and don't really showcase my hair as well as I'd like, but my camera phone was all I had with me at the time.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I see it the twist pattern is disappearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these pics are fabulous!

    I can definitely see the pattern fading, particularly near the roots

    Get it, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, they are definitely maturing. Mine are too! Woo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NESSessary, I am so happy to run across your blog. I have been natural for 3 years, and just have really gotten board with my hair, and wanted something different. So I decided that i wanted to loc. I have a few questions I hope you can answer I just started my loc by two strand twist on last wed 9/15/10. I really would like to freeform from this point, but im really not sure how to go about it. I have a small/med patch of alopecia in the crown of my head, but i have enough length to cover the spot, but its just thin. I have 42 twist, and just wondering if the freeform method would allow that spot to be covered and look more full? any help will definately be appreciated.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat72, yes, freeforming will allow that spot to be covered and look more full. You won't have that "scalpy" or "just done" look because your scalp will be covered by your new growth, which gives off more fulness and body to your locs. Good luck with your locking journey, I appreciate your support for my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NESSessary,
    Thank you so much for responding. Is there any way you can share the excat mesurments of your Homemade Concoctions, such as how many oz.of water /vegetable glycerin etc..that you are using?

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ kat- Sure! I will make a separate blog post on it as soon as I figure out my measurements. I don't really measure, but I can make a rough estimate of how much I put of what.

    ReplyDelete